How to Replace the Fuel Filter
1990-1994 Lexus LS400
The fuel filter is located in front of the driver's side rear wheel. Changing this can be a little messy so be prepared to have about 1/8 of a gallon of gas drip out when you disconnect the fuel line.
>>> LexLS is supported by site vistors. When you buy through Amazon links on my site, I may earn an affiliate commission, at no additional cost to you.<<<
- Fuel filter (part #23300-50020)
- Shop towels
1) Remove the gas cap to relieve pressue in the tank.
2) Remove the splash guard.
3) Loosen the 2 nuts that hold the fuel filter bracket on.
4) Use 2 box wrenches to loosen the two connections on the filter as shown in the picture. You should have a bucket underneath the filter to catch the dripping fuel when you do this step.
5) I wrapped the fuel line with a rubber glove to slow down the fuel drip.
6) Install the new fuel filter (part #23300-50020), tighten the bracket, and finally install the splash guard.
7) Check for leaks over the next few days. Write down the mileage and date of your fuel filter change.
Lexls.com Notes: Thanks for contributing the tutorial Thuan! The original tutorial is located here on the Lexus Owners Club (LOC) website.
If you found this information useful please support the site by clicking the button below and making a donation. Thank you.