How to Remove the Painted Pin Stripes
1990-1994 Lexus LS400
I tested this on the gas cap door first just to make sure it wouldn't damage my paint. It's a lot cheaper to get that small door painted versus having a whole panel painted. It didn't damage my finish at all....I didn't have to polish either.
>>> LexLS is supported by site vistors. When you buy through Amazon links on my site, I may earn an affiliate commission, at no additional cost to you.<<<
- Masking tape or painters tape
- One can of Easy-Off oven cleaner (use the yellow can)
- Paper for masking
1) Use the masking tape and paper and mask off above and below the pin stripe. Work on 2-3 foot sections at a time.
2) Spray on the Easy-Off and let it soak in for about 1-3* minutes. *Warning: The time required will vary, test the gas cap stripes first for about a minute, then wipe off. If you need more reapply. This is strong stuff and damage to the paint is certainly possible.*
3) Take a rag and just wipe it off. You shouldn't even have to rub it off. It should just wipe right off with the foam from the Easy-Off. Then remove the tape and paper and use a wet rag to clean up the area. Water neutralizes the Easy-Off. Make sure you wear gloves. It's EASY.
Lexls.com Notes: Thanks for the tutorial Thuan! Thuan's original tutorial is located here on the Lexus Owners Club (LOC) forum.
If you found this information useful please support the site by clicking the button below and making a donation. Thank you.