How to Replace the Cruise Control ECU
1990-1994 Lexus LS400
The cruise control ECU is located on the left of the driver's side footwell. Chances are most of you will never need to replace this, but if you do, here's how. The part is actually called the "speed control ECU" but it's for the cruise.
- Sockets, socket wrenches
- Speed control ECU = #88240-500011
1) Remove the 5 screws, circled in red, that hold the driver's side under panel on. The panel is also held on by 2 clips located at the top-middle of the panel. Unplug the foot light and test plug, then remove the panel.
2) Look up to the left of the steering column above the emergency brake and you will see the cruise control ECU. It is held in place with a metal bracket secured with a 10mm screw. Highlighted in red is the trunk release cable. Unplug the 2 connectors for the cruise control ECU, then remove the 10mm screw.
3) Remove the cruise control ECU by bringing it above the trunk release cable. Toyota part #88240-500011, actually called the "speed control ECU."
4) Install is the reverse of removal.
If you found this information useful please support the site by clicking the button below and making a donation. Thank you.