How to Install Front Courtesy Switches
1990-1994 Lexus LS400
This is one of the first things I fixed after I bought my car. The symptoms were a slow drain on the battery and the factory alarm went off randomly. I replaced these in the middle off a Minnesota winter, it was cold! Also, I did this almost a year ago so a few things may be slightly off. The hardest part about doing this was unplugging the wiring connectors since they're sort of tucked away.
- Sockets, socket wrenches
- Switch, courtesy = #84231-50010
1) Remove the bolt (10mm I think) that holds the switch in place.
2) Pull up the front trim piece and set it aside.
3) Pull up the rear trim piece as shown. Do not remove this entirely.
4) Pull off the interior panel piece that covers the seat belt motor.
5) Get the seat belt out off the way.
6) Remove the 3 bolts that hold the seat belt motor in place, two at the bottom and one at the top. Unplug the blue wiring harness as shown in the pic.
7) Move the seat belt motor aside. Take out the old courtesy switch and install the new one.
8) Install is reverse of removal.
If you found this information useful please support the site by clicking the button below and making a donation. Thank you.