How to Check & Clean the EGR Vacuum Modulator Filter
1990-1994 Lexus LS400
Checking this is about as hard as putting air in your tires.
>>> LexLS is supported by site vistors. When you buy through Amazon links on my site, I may earn an affiliate commission, at no additional cost to you.<<<
- Small flat head screwdriver
- Air compressor
1) Some of the components of the emission control system. Carefully remove the cap on the EGR vacuum modulator. You might have to use a thin flathead screwdriver to pry the cap off.
2) Here you can see a fairly dirty EGR vacuum modulator filter. I used small screwdriver to pull the filter out.
2) Blow the dust and dirt out of the filter holder. Use compressed air to clean the dust out of the filter. Replace the filter if needed with a equivalent type of material. Lexus does not sell the filter alone. The only way to get a new filter from Lexus is to buy an entire now vacuum modulator assembly.
3) Put the filter back in and pop the cover back on.
If you found this information useful please support the site by clicking the button below and making a donation. Thank you.