How to Replace the PCV Valve
1990-1994 Lexus LS400
This is super easy! What is it? "The PCV Valve recirculates partially burned gases from the engine’s crankcase to the combustion chamber. This improves fuel economy and reduces engine emissions while preventing the buildup of harmful sludge and corrosion. PCV stands for Positive Crankcase Ventilation." From Tom Torbjornsen's automotive glossary.
>>> LexLS is supported by site vistors. When you buy through Amazon links on my site, I may earn an affiliate commission, at no additional cost to you.<<<
- PCV valve (use tool to check product fits), OEM = 12204-50011
- PCV valve grommet (use tool to check product fits), OEM = 90480-18001
PCV valve location. Let the engine cool down before replacing the valve.
1) Loosen the hose clamp and slide it up the hose. Pull the hose off the valve. Take a pliers and pull out the old PCV valve. It sits in there very tight. Be careful not to break the grommet that the valve sits in, otherwise it may fall in the engine and then you're in trouble! Well, maybe not so much...there is a baffle under there to prevent things from going into the engine itself. So if you drop something it's not the end of the world. But, try not to drop anything in there!
New and old PCV valves. I bought mine off Ebay for about $10 including shipping. It's Bosch part and works perfectly.
You can easily see here that this is a part that should be replaced once in a while.
2) While the valve is out clean up the area a bit.
3) Install the new PCV valve and put the hose and hose clamp back on. Make sure the valve is in all the way; it's a tight fit.
If you found this information useful please support the site by clicking the button below and making a donation. Thank you.