How to Find Parts For Your LS400
There are many good places to buy parts for your LS400. Many of the procedures on my site have direct links to buy the parts needed. Also, many of the ads that how up on the right of each page also have good stores to get you what is needed. However, many times you just need OEM parts and half the battle is finding the correct part number. If you don't have the official Lexus LS400 Parts Catalog hopefully some of these resources will help you find the part you're looking for or at the very least point you in the right direction.
>>> LexLS is supported by site vistors. When you buy through Amazon links on my site, I may earn an affiliate commission, at no additional cost to you.<<<
- Lexus LS400 Parts Catalog/Manual - If you can find the print version this is the absolute best resourse for finding part numbers because well, it's the source directly from Toyota. It has diagrams but it's either hard to find or expensive ($100 from Books4cars.com). It sometimes surfaces for sale on Amazon and/or Ebay.
- ToyoDIY Parts database - This is a fantastic resourse for Toyota and Lexus parts. All you need to do is enter your VIN and it brings up parts for your specific model/year! I like to use this site as a starting point since part numbers as often updated. Once I find what I'm looking for I'll cross reference it on one of the many Lexus parts retailers on the net to see if the description matches up for my model/year car. You can also search part numbers in this database.
- Online retailers - I don't want to name just one because there are so many choices. Many of these places are actually Lexus or Toyota dealers selling OEM parts at a discount. Just Google "discount toyota parts" and you'll have an array of choices. Most of these don't show the part numbers directly but the better sites allow you to search by part number. You can find a part number in ToyoDIY and then pop that into the retailers search and see what you get. Keep in mind that part numbers are sometimes updated and the retailer should have the newer one. Do your homework because prices can vary a lot.
- The Lexus/Toyota dealer - This should be obvious but every dealer has a parts department. You can always call them for info and/or buy parts from them. Keep in mind you'll probably be paying full price for the part unless you have a coupon.
- Amazon - They've come a long way since launching as a bookstore. Do a search there because I've found parts there for amazing prices. This is mostly going to be non-OEM but in many cases you don't need OEM.
- Ebay - You can find some non-OEM parts here and often used OEM parts too.
- Junkyards - If you're willing to do the work you can often get used parts at your local yard. Grahams Auto also seems to have more LS400 parts than most.
One of the first things I ever bought for my LS was information, parts sheets. These are by no means a complete listing of parts but if you have a 90-94 they contain a lot of the basics. These probably came out of a large body shop manual. They have billable job time on some of the parts which is interesting. I wouldn't put too much stock in the part costs since these are probably from the 90's. I am posting these as a resouce to you - do not sell them!
Click for Parts Sheets PDF (8.04MB)
If you found this information useful please support the site by clicking the button below and making a donation. Thank you.