Places to Buy or Download Any Lexus Repair Manual
This is a very common question among do-it-yourselfers. As most people know shop manuals are expensive books that can cost over $200 from the dealer, but there are other places to buy a shop manual. The links listed below represent some of the current available options. It does not contain every place you can buy a shop manual, but it does explain what's out there. The cost varies depending on the model and year of your Lexus.
1) Buy the repair manual set from your local dealer. This is the most expensive option.
2) Buy the repair manual set from Lexus-parts.com. This online store is actually a Lexus dealer but their prices are slightly discounted. ClubLexus members get a slight discount, check ClubLexus for currect discount code.
3) Buy the repair manual set from Books4Cars.com. They carry pretty much any Lexus book, even parts books and the Lexus history book. I have ordered from them and their email support is SLOW. In addition, I didn't get any shipping notification. Lastly, know your prices; some of their prices are HIGHER than the dealer, watch out.
4) Buy the repair manual set (the hard copy, not CD) off of eBay; this is how I got my hard copy. There are almost always people selling repair manuals on eBay. You will probably get the best deal on the hard copy here. If you go this route make sure to check the prices for your set at the links listed above so you have a reference point and don't overbid!
When searching on eBay you will find many repair manuals on CD. I have read that these are usually poor scans of the shop manual. Buying one of these is not recommended. If you're looking for a shop manual at the lowest possible cost look below.
5) Subscribe to Alldata.com. It costs $24.95 for a one-year subscription. I have not personally used this service, but have heard it contains all the information you could possibly need.
6) Subscribe to TIS Information. It only costs $15 for a two-day subscription. I tried this service and was very impressed at the value. For that 15 bucks I was able to download every piece of information regarding my car! The entire shop manual, collision repair manual, wiring diagrams, wire harness repair info, new car features, service bulletins, technical reference info, and technical training info. Everything is in PDF format and comes directly from Toyota; there are no poor scans here. It does take a while to download all this because everything is separated by section and procedure. So, you'll have to do a lot of clicking and saving, but it's well worth it. If you go this route you should note that their site requires Adobe Reader 6.0.1, they have the link to the patch on the main page when you log in. This is definitely the best value around.
If you found this information useful please support the site by clicking the button below and making a donation. Thank you.