How to Remove the Yellow Fog Glass
1990-1994 Lexus LS400
This is a permanent mod. It's worth it because your fog lights are brighter without the yellow glass. After I did this mod I started driving around with my fog lights on all the time.
>>> LexLS is supported by site vistors. When you buy through Amazon links on my site, I may earn an affiliate commission, at no additional cost to you.<<<
The point of this tutorial is to show you how to change your fog lights into a nice bright white. Get rid of the ugly yellow!
1) Remove the three screws circled in red that hold the fog light in the headlight assembly. Instead of removing the entire headlight assembly I removed the two bolts circled in green and lifted up slightly on the assembly and pulled out the fog light. Disconnect the wiring.
2) Remove the rubber cover.
3) Undo the retaining spring and gently remove the bulb.
4) Unscrew the 2 screws holding the metal assembly and remove it.
5) Place the assembly in something so that when you break the yellow glass it doesn't go all over the place. I put mine in this plastic dish and broke it with the needle nose. Take out the cardboard gasket.
Without the yellow glass.
6) Re-assemble everything. Remember to put the rubber cover on again and connect the wiring harness to the bulb! Test to see if it works.
Optional: Convert common H3 bulbs into H3C bulbs.
If you found this information useful please support the site by clicking the button below and making a donation. Thank you.